Job Group ‘L’
Category: Agriculture and Livestock
Type: Permanent and Pensionable
Remuneration: As per SRC Rates
Duties and Responsibilities
This is the entry and training grade into the Veterinary Officers' cadre. An officer at this level will be deployed at sub county or ward level and will work under the guidance and supervision of a senior Officer. Duties and responsibilities will include;
• Undertaking disease control activities such as disease search, vaccination and enforcement of livestock movement regulations;
• Participating in the training of stakeholders in vector control programmes;
• Treating sick animals;
• Advising on good veterinary practices;
• Collecting data and preparing reports on animal health, products and markets;
• Providing advice on animal breeding and welfare, undertaking Post-Mortem examination and other diagnostic tests.
• Performing any other duty that may be assigned by the supervisor
• Must be a Kenyan Citizen
• Must have a Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine (BVM) Degree from a recognized institution in Kenya.
• Must be a member of a registered professional association representing the interests of veterinary surgeons.
• Must be registered by the Kenya Veterinary Board and be retained in the register
• Must be licensed by the KVB with a valid practicing license
Successful applicants are expected to get clearance from the following bodies.
• Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
• Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
• Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
• Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
• Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
• For those with higher education certificates (degrees) from outside Kenya, a letter of recognition of qualifications from the Commission of University.
1. Additional information and proper job descriptions on the advertised positions are available on the website at www.homabay.go.ke
2. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification
3. Applicants from Homa Bay County are required to indicate their constituency and ward of residence
4. Shortlisted candidates for all the positions advertised will be required to provide copies of relevant documents from the under-listed authorities.
? Kenya Revenue Authority.
? Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
? Higher Education Loans Board
? Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI)
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their application letters together with curriculum vitae, academic and professional certificates, and testimonials, as well as national identity card or passport and any other relevant documents either electronically through the County website: https://www.homabay.go.ke/career/ or physically delivered to the Homa Bay County Public Service Board Offices in Homa Bay Town through hand delivery or through Post Office using the address below. Applicants should indicate the position(s) applied for on top of the envelope addressed to:
Office of the Chief Executive Officer
Homa Bay County Public Service Board,
P. O. Box 95 – 40300,
Homa Bay County is an equal opportunity employer and women, youth, and people living with disability are encouraged to apply. Applications should be received on or before Friday 23rd,June 2023 at 5:00 P.M. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted