GOVERNOR AWITI UNVEILS LIST OF CABINET NOMINEESHoma-Bay-Asego
Governor Awiti together with Deputy Hamilton Orata unveiled their cabinet at an event witnessed by the County Secretary, members of the press and the public
The then member cabinet committee representing the ten ministries include;
1. Finance, economic planning and service delivery ( Mr. Nicholas Koriko)
2. Health Services (Prof. Richard OtienoMuga)
3. Roads, public works and transport ( Dr. David Okeyo)
4. Trade, industrialization, cooperatives and enterprise development (Mr. CarelusAdemba)
5. Energy and mining (Mr. Alfonse Wera)
6. Lands, housing, urban development and physical planning (Mrs. Beatrice AkinyiOyomo)
7. Tourism, sports, gender, culture and social services ( MrsRoselineAnyangoOdhiambo)
8. Education and ICT (Mrs. Beatrice Atieno Asiago)
9. Agriculture, livestock, fisheries and food security ( Mr. AgukoJuma)
10. Water, environment and natural resources (Mr. Dickson OrukoNyawinda)
While addressing the public, the County Chief thanked them for being patient despite other counties having already named their cabinet.
“My cabinet nominees consist of men and women of great integrity and professionalism who will diligently work and deliver services to the residents in the spirit and letter of devolution,” said Awiti
The county chief told the public that his nominees meet the constitutional threshold of 1/3 representation and equitable resource distribution.
“My cabinet has been drawn from all the eight sub counties of Homabay County and not a single one is left out” he added
Awiti was confident that the team would steer development in the county a notch higher after having deep and wide consultations with the elected leaders of Homabay and stakeholders before nominating his cabinet.
Pursuant to section 35 of the County Government Act 2012, The Governor is required to nominate suitable qualified candidates as County Executive Committee members to head the ministries in service delivery to the people.